Not sure what to do with your discarded items?
We haul away your recycling & donations for free after an organizing session!
Recycled Reads /Austin Public Library
- used books, magazines, and movies.
- theater props and equipment, children's books, arts & crafts supplies, and more.
Dress for Success
-clean professional women's clothing & accessories in good condition (on a hanger).
- comfortable shoes, socks, new underwear, backpacks, coats and blankets in the winter months.
Top Drawer Thrift (Project Transitions)
- clothing, furniture, housewares, and more.
APA Thrift / Austin Pets Alive
- towels, yoga mats, dog kennels, toys, dog food, and more (at the shelter).
- clothing, shoes, accessories, housewares, and more (at APA Thrift on Burnet.
- clothing (especially for women and children), housewares, and more.
Austin Creative Reuse
- most arts & crafts supplies including textiles, raw materials, jars, candles, buttons, jewelry remnants, and more.
Vincentian Family Center & Thrift (Society of St. Vincent DePaul)
- clothing, furniture, housewares, and food pantry items
Austin Resource Recovery
-many materials not accepted in single-stream recycling (such as styrofoam, hard plastics, fabrics), plus hazardous materials like paints, household chemicals, and more.
Twice a year I turn my home into a boutique. I clean out my closet and invite 100 friends and friends-of-friends to do the same. It's my semi-annual Swap & Sip, which is a clothing swap I hosted to celebrate the launch of Organized for Good. No matter how organized we are, it's necessary to clean out our closets every once in a while because we are constantly growing and changing -- physically and psychologically. Part of self-care is expressing ourselves creatively, and fashion is one way to do that. But the fashion industry has become unsustainable. But there are so many cute clothes that are already out there -- off the racks and in people's closets. What if we unleash the potential of those clothes, while saving ourselves some money, giving our closets some more space, and refreshing our stale styles? At the end of the swap, the remaining clothes are donated to the organizations listed above. Everybody wins!